HM130 Trekker XL
The HM130 Trekker XL unites our mighty HM130 sawmill with the extended length Woodland Mills Trekker trailer to offer sawyers the perfect balance between power and mobility. The quick connect trailer is rugged enough to handle rough terrains yet capable of highway travel.
With the powerful and reliable 14 H.P. Kohler gas engine and the ability to mill logs up to 30” (76cm) in diameter and 16'11″ (5.1m) in length, the HM130 Trekker XL is the perfect combination for sawyers who require big log milling capabilities, yet a highly mobile milling operation.
All major steel components feature either a powder coated or galvanized steel finish. This ensures your mill will stand up to nature’s elements. We recommend covering your mill when not in use, but if you forget, it’s good to know the mill will endure nature. The head moves up and down along galvanized steel channel via a very easy to turn and well located hand crank system. The blade is kept lubricated by utilizing a water drip system to prevent sap from gumming up your blade.
- 14 H.P Kohler gas engine
- Rigid 4 post head design
- Centrifugal clutch blade engagement system
- 30″ (76cm) log diameter capability
- 22″ (56cm) throat opening between blade supports
- 16’ 11″ (5.1m) log lengths
- 19″ (48cm) cast iron band wheels
- 3.4 Gallon (13L) aluminum lubrication tank to keep the blade lubricated while cutting
- Hand crank system to raise and lower the head with very little effort
- Powder coated and galvanized steel finishes
- “Gas and Go” easy handle throttle design
Gross Vehicle Weight: HM130 Trekker XL Package (HM130 Sawmill & Trekker XL Trailer) – 1,750 lbs (795kgs). Note: This package is not designed to carry cargo.
Sawmill Trailer Facts
- 19’3″ (5.8m) track providing the ability to cut log lengths up to 16’11″ (5.1m)
- Galvanized steel frame
- Torsion axle suspension system
- Department of Transportation (DOT) approved tires
- 4 pin LED light kit (stop, turn, tail, side markers and licence plate light)
- Safety chains
- 2” (50mm) ball receiver
- 6 leveling jacks enable quick and stable sawmill setup on uneven ground
- Sawmill head locking kit (locks the head to the trailer for transport)
The mill is capable of cutting 30″ (76cm) diameter logs up to 16′ 11″ (5.1m) long. Capable of squaring cants at 22″ (55cm) or skimming veneers at as thin as 1/16″ (1.6mm). The HM130 Trekker XL will cut within 1″ (25mm) of the deck ensuring you maximize your usable board foot output.
The HM130 Trekker XL sawmill is powered by a 14 H.P 4-cycle Kohler gas engine. It features a slant cylinder design, with a cast iron cylinder bore and overhead valve for easy access. The Quad-Clean 4-stage air filtration system ensures only clean air enters the engine for maximum power and life of the engine. In addition, this engine is backed by a 3 year commercial warranty.
Attached to the engine is an industrial centrifugal clutch system which offers “gas and go” efficiency and ease.
The head of our machine rolls along rigid 2.5″ x 4″ (63mm x 101mm) galvanized “L” channel which is cross supported with heavy duty 3″ x 6″ (76mm x 152mm) rectangle channels. These cross supports ensure the weight of the log is dispersed over a large bearing surface to avoid marking the log with indentations. These heavy duty cross supports also provide additional rigidity to the track system. The track also features a simple adjustable log support to securely hold the log while milling. The track allows for 16’11” (5.1m) log lengths.
The track system is mated to the trailer package which features 1/4” (6mm) thick laser cut and bent side plates and tubular cross supports making the two work together to create an extremely rigid chassis.
The HM130 utilizes standard 1.25″ x 144″ x .042″ (32mm x 3658mm x 1mm) Lenox Woodmaster C Sharp hardened tipped blades which are available through Woodland Mills. Blade kerf is kept to a minimum at just .080″ (2mm) to maximize the most amount of lumber per log.
The sawmill is covered with a 2 year warranty against manufacturer’s defect and excludes wearing parts (tires, belts, blades & bearings). The Kohler engine is covered by a 3 year commercial warranty which is honoured through any Kohler small engine dealer.
* Stocked items are delivered to your door within 2 to 11 business days. Tailgate service provided to most areas.
Approximate Delivery Times
Some residential deliveries may require additional days of service. Please call for shipping quote and delivery times for territories and remote locations.